/Yell Ep 41 : Albion Online Release
We haven’t talked about Albion Online in a while…until now, when we can announce the upcoming Albion Online release! Come join the three hosts as they discuss this and much more on this week’s /Yell!
- Devs do an AMA on Reddit
- Normally theres a TLDR post but good golly miss molly. Theres a fair amount of disscussion on PvP, Player participation in PvE content that requires a large enough base to tackle, and how they plan on keeping content new player friendly so the game doesn’t become to unbalanced in player population.
- Albion launches July 17th.
- Rumble in the Realm Winners and VOD
- 1st Ryuki (Assassin)
- 2nd Tenah (Warlock)
- 3rd Bayoo (Soul Fighter)
- 4th Shichisu (Soul Fighter)
- North America
- 1st Virus (Assassin)
- 2nd Dori (Kung Fu Master)
- 3rd Yís (Warlock)
- 4th Huan Sin (Kung Fu Master)
- Eternal Kingdom parcel placement
- Break down on Parcel placement rules
- Parcels and buildings
- Monarchs and parcel placement
- Importing deeds from your web account
- Transferring items from the spirit bank
- Kingdom Management
- Changes to lobby screen
- Your personal kingdom
- Castle building
- Founders’ update: Builderworld
- Something players have already made…
- So there have been some bugs and some exploits and have been noticing that some players are using it to their advantage and are ruining other testers experience so they are taking steps
- If you find something you think is an exploit or unintended feature, experiment with it enough to confirm it and report it a soon as possible.
- If the exploit hurts the play experience of other testers or the running of the service, better to report it immediately than experiment with it.
- If you are using an exploit repeatedly to your advantage and/or to harm the service, you are violating the Rules of Conduct, and you risk being removed from the testing process.
- Failure to report an exploit means that you also risk losing your access to Crowfall permanently.
- It’s legal. AlrighAlrighAlright.
- Daybreak is celebrating the occasion with two player designed missions, rewards and a quest to commemorate the event as well as an XP bonus that lasts till the end of March.
- Anyone how is currently playing EQ also get a free Heroic Character.
- Heroic Characters are boosted characters that normally cost in game money.
- Want to own a castle?
- Six possible settlement areas that players can claim as their own. Castles can be decorated to players desires with all sorts of ammenities. They can also be upgraded.
- The combat system update is still in the works
- Developed by Impeller Studios, SFInc is looking to merge a more hard scifi bend to the Space MMO field. Players are mercenary pilots that make their way into the wild west of space. They are calling it “Counter-Strike meets World of Warships.”
- ‘Everything in the game is something that can actually exist.’ They even got engineers to double check their math.
- As of this recording, the game is $49k/$150k goal with 26 days left in their campaign. Impeller is saying the game is happening regardless of the outcome of the kickstarter (they had a previously failed KS) but hopes a successful campaign will speed up development.
- Kickstarter Page.
- Jen “Bardic” Ortiz moves on from Wildstar.
- Bardic originally worked on the games PvP team before moving on to other parts of Carbine and settling into the Cash Shop team.
- No word on where she’s moving onto next in the mmoverse.
- Blizzcon tickets going on sale soon!
- Tickets go on sale wednesday april 5th at 7pm PDT and April 8th at 10am PDT
- This is the 11th blizzcon the event will be november 3rd and 4th
- A limited number of tickets go on sale Wednesday, April 12 at 7:00 p.m. PDT, priced at $750 each