/Yell Ep 40 : Elder Scrolls Anniversary
Happy Elder Scrolls Anniversary! Well, for the Thieves Guild update at least! Want to know more about it? There are some pretty nifty perks! Be sure to listen to this week’s /Yell!
- Armor mitigation
- Hit locations
- Weapon efficiency
- Group combat
- Soul power
- Skill training time
- We’re finally making the transition on the web to logging in *only* with your email today. This means that your username will no longer work for web logins. Soon we’ll be making the same change to the Crowfall Update and client, too. This will make everyone’s accounts more secure.
- On April 1st (no joke!), the current 2017 Contributor package will be replaced with a Patron pledge package costing $49 that includes Beta 3 test group access. These new Patron purchasers will not be in early access until we open Beta 3.
- plan to transition the game servers to 24×7 uptime within a couple of months.
- Building will be in your inventory as deeds (they will eventually be craftable)
- Moving items will be pretty simple wasd with be forwards left back and right with q and e will be rotations
- If the item turns red it means you cant place it there…. RED IS BAD!!!!
- There will also be male and female connectors on each unit for easy connecting. They will each have their own shape like square triangle half sphere. They only connect with the same object.
Elder Scrolls Online
- No 4k option but one for the pixel xl and note 7 for some reason…..
- Double the items received from crafting nodes in Hew’s Bane (This only applies to normal crafting nodes, not nodes spawned from Survey Reports.)
- Double rewards for killing World Bosses and bosses in delves in Hew’s Bane
- Double Defiled Whiskers, the dro-m’Athra crafting style item, from killing bosses in the Maw of Lorkhaj
- Increased rewards from Heists
- Non-perfect Heists give the reward for perfect Heists; perfect Heists award double the crates
- The return of the original Thieves Guild Collector’s Bundle to the Crown Store at a substantial discount, featuring:
- The Thieves Guild DLC game pack
- The Hammerfell Camel mount
- The Kindlespit Dragon Frog pet
- Five Crown Experience Scrolls
- 25% off Crown Store purchases of the Thieves Guild DLC game pack
- Take screenshots and send them in to ESO Home Entry form
- Four Grand Prize Winners
- Your own private Nedic ruins in Tamriel – the Earthtear Cavern home
- One copy of The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind Digital Collector’s Edition
- 6000 crowns to spend in the ESO Crown Store
- One Elder Scrolls Online lithograph signed by the development team
- One Elder Scrolls Online t-shirt
- Four Runners-up
- 3000 crowns to spend in the ESO Crown Store
- One Elder Scrolls Online mini-poster
- One Elder Scrolls Online t-shirt
Guild Wars 2
Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Venue: The Hilton Orlando
- Date: Friday, April 14th 2017
- Time: TBD
- Address: 6001 Destination Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32819
- There will be free drinks, giveaways and exclusive swag
- Space is limited so be aware
- After being on PC and surviving for 5 years it is adding console to the list. IMO (Adrock) this is actually a pretty smart move as a game with combat like tera could survive and find a niche on consoles similar to ESO and DCUO. Though I feel Tera is the more suited of the two on a basic mechanics level.
- There are no hard details yet on cross platform compatibility or the like but you can sign up for the Closed Beta Here.
- In order to even be released in China a game has a crazy long 20 day approval rating on top of following ‘stringent’ guidelines to make it palpable to chinese gamer sensibilities… according to their government.
- Speculation is that this band is in response to South Korea’s new THAAD missile defense system made in conjunction with the US because of ‘threats like North Korea.’
- This does not affect games that already have licenses, whether they are released or not. Just new games or games that have been approved.
- Studios like Nexon and Netmarble have already been hit by the ban from immediate drops in revenue (7% for nexon, and a completely unreleasable game for Netmarble.)