/Yell Ep 35 : /Yell Is Back!
What, you thought we’d bring back Quarter Up! without giving you your daily dose of /Yell to go along with it? Well, you thought wrong compadre! Welcome back to the MMO show to end all other MMO shows! Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride cupcake!
- You will be able to transfer servers freely… sort of
- You will be able to change servers based off of your group so for example in group 2: Mushin, Old Man Cho
- The transfer will also happen every wednesday with server maintenance
- If you do not meet the requirements you will be told why it wasn’t transferred
- Jan 18- feb 8th
- Collect 1st Anniversary Coins during the celebration (January 18–February 8) from the event Daily Quest “One Year, Countless Adventures”, as well as from Heroic Silverfrost dungeons, Daily Quests, Daily Challenge Rewards (3 Coins awarded on weekdays, 4 on weekends), and a new Daily Dash. Spend your acquired 1st Anniversary Coins in the Dragon Express to obtain special rewards like:
- Flawless Sparkling Hongmoon Hexagonal Diamond
- Flawless Brilliant Hongmoon Heptagonal Diamond (via Transmutation)
- Silken Splendor Costume
- Forging Orb
- Sacred Oil
- Taikhan’s Skin
- Legendary Gem Hammer
- And More!
- This is the first pass of the animation system and there are still a lot of changes that need to be made.
- Tons of performance imporvements
- New Biomes
- Tons of art
- You can get a glimpse at their code in the video if you’re into that sort of thing.
- With the indiegogo/micro ventures they set the goal from themselves of 150k and hit 670K in investors adding 1200 new investors.
Necromancy / Grave Digging
- Just like mining ore you will dig for bodies, each type of type of bodie will have it unique looking gravestone
- Unlike others you will get items at the end or you won’t. Instead of the 75% 50% and 25%
- There were a couple of false starts so skip the first couple of videos.
Elder Scrolls Online
- Tease tease tease
- Honestly … I have no idea. Some people are saying that it might be dragons, or tied with morrowind (its 15 year anniversary is coming up in may)Some are saying Vvardenfell is coming because of this, maybe even simply a new type of loot box.
- There might be a stream coming this tuesday that should clear all this up.
- Pronounced Ember…sure thing A’aron.
- Niche Gamer talks to Mark Kern about Em-8er (developed by his team Crixa Lab), and his past in the indutry
- Kern had worked on Diablo 2, Starcraft, WoW and recently on Firefall.
- Ember (im not using that fucking name) is a ‘persistant online world’ (Are people just afraid to call them MMO’s anymore?) where it is MECHS VS KAIJU!
- It seems to be more inline with Firefall’s original incarnation ‘before investors got their hands in the process’ (not a direct line, paraphrasing) and turned Firefall into what it is currently.
- Firefall Founders get a special ‘refund’ for Ember: If they bought a $100 pack for Firefall they will get a full $100 of credit of virtual currency for Ember when it launches.
- Any firefall players who joined PRIOR to the end of 2015 are eligible for the Ember pack. As a sorry of ‘sorry/thank you’ from Kern regarding their faith in him while he was with Red 5 and Firefall.
- Here’s the link. Players must act fast though, as Firefall’s side is not… completely… on board with this…
- Ember is not currently built as a F2P model. But currently plans to bill it more at an indie game price than a traditional full price game.
- Crixa Labs has developed a TTRPG called Crixa and Ember is part of this universe. It looks like Ember will have some TTRPG options for fans.
- Kern did an AMA on r/pcmasterrace back on 1/27 regarding Ember and Firefall.
- No alpha or beta available yet, go to em8er.com if you have interest.
- New Dungeon!!!!
- The Hailstone Gatecrasher (Boss) – a siege-breaker ice elemental summoned by the Pell has turned against them thanks to the vile power of the Iceblood Coven. Dodge the spikes, quell his rage, and above all, keep moving – don’t freeze up!
- Kherax the Soulrotten (Miniboss) – The Tower-Engineer’s long-lost colleague has been corrupted by the Osun’s soulrot. Now he fights for the enemy – and will turn that soulrot against you and your companions! Avoid infecting your friends and put him out of his misery.
- The Iceblood Coven (Boss) – Bust up the ritual of Darkwitches Golag, Ulfrid, and Katla and deal with their respective powers of Soulfrost, Soulrot, and Blood! You may start off facing just one, but more will join the fray in due course – dodge their insidious curses and take them down!
- Harizog Coldblood (Boss) – The Frost King returns to life, imbued with the essence of the fallen Darksisters before him. Now he’s summoning the primal echoes of the many Osun frozen around him to infuse him with unimaginable strength! Keep away from his glaive, free your fellows from his soul anchors, and stop him here and now before he threatens all of Nexus!
- Coldblood Citadel is one of our quicker dungeon experiences, more comparable to Stormtalon’s Lair or Kel Voreth in completion time, and like those two classic dungeons, it also comes with the Prime Level scaling options. Challenge your group as you slay bosses, earn exciting rewards, and master this frozen fortress!
- New Dungeon!!!!
- A new Pet Battle Dungeon , giving battle pets owners a new day to test their mettle against a brand new threat that only the most bloodthirsty of critters can topple!
- Transmogrification Sets category added for the appearance vendor, enabling easier sorting of specific gear sets and their appearance.
- Class Combat Updates provide much needed tuning to several classes, fixing imbalances and adjusting problematic talents.
- Professions have been updated, with crafted gear Ilvls being raised to keep up with the minimum gear level of the content, and the upgrading forge now available without having to go through the pre-existing attunement questline.
- Honorbuddy bye bye
Costs are increasing, development is expensive and was made more expensive since the 12 lawsuits in Germany, where Blizzard tries to abuse anything they can get hands on, by starting multiple lawsuits on yearly basis. Adding this all up, you can see our income is limited to old one time purchases, and while it was a good business decision back in 2009, it has stopped being viable for us since 2014. The decision however, to move forward, was taken now, in 2017.
- Raid Schedule:
- Tuesday, January 17: Nighthold Normal and Heroic difficulties open.
- Tuesday, January 24: Nighthold Mythic difficulty and Raid Finder Wing 1 (Arcing Aqueducts) open.
- Tuesday, February 7: Nighthold Raid Finder Wing 2 (Royal Athenaeum) opens.
- Tuesday, February 21: Nighthold Raid Finder Wing 3 (Nightspire) opens.
- Tuesday, March 7: Nighthold Raid Finder Wing 4 (Betrayer’s Rise) opens.
- When: January 21 – February 4
- Where: Moonglade and various world locations