Quarter Up! Ep 56: Mass Effect Andromeda Release
Are you all hyped?! I am! Mass Effect Andromeda is pretty much all Indigo and I have been doing since it dropped last night, and I for one am NOT disappointed. We’ll go into details on our opinions, as well as a WHOLE bunch more on this week’s Quarter Up!
- EA Access give you early access to play Mass Effect Andromeda
- Indigo and Croog have played a bunch and talk about their experiences.
- Adrock: All those whack ass facial movements? Yeah… they’re final products. It’s not like ME:A has been in development with millions of dollars for years with conversations being a huge facet of the series. No worries. It’ll all be fine.
- Croog: Awesome mechanics, way harder than previous titles,
- Indigo: been loving EVERYTHING! SOOOO mad that I have to wait till Tuesday to keep playing…. Hhhmmm think they will miss me at work next week?
- If you have CUE (corsair utility engine) installed, and you launch Mass Effect Andromeda, all you get is a black screen
- Workaround in the link above! Warning, it’s a pain in the ass.
- Adrock:This is kinda ridiculous and unnecessary. I guess it’s what happens when you try and incorporate a whole experience with not just the game but the peripherals.
- Croog: God, please fucking fix this
- Indigo: Adrock is just salty about this game because he isn’t playing it.
- No official Price yet
- Only release date we have so far: “second half of 2017”
- While the Necromancer will cost this will not be apart of the large content drop ” It will, however, launch alongside a free major content patch that includes two new zones, Challenge Rifts, and more. “
- The Necromancers PTR is suppose to be a little different than the past some are speculating that it will be on longer than other tests.
- Croog: Looks cool, but I’m going to reserve my hype until they make the price public.
- Indigo: I am really excited to play this. I will say i will be playing as a female because it feels like they have put more effort in how armor looks on the female. Also hoping this will change up the meta and bring a little more life into the game… new main… maybe…
- March 22nd Blizzard will be increasing their hearthstone prices for “ local and regional market conditions”
- Adrock: Doin the currency thing right. 2 Galleons for 7 packs is an outrage!
- Croog: #NAisthebestregion
- Indigo: Brexit….
- Story of how Bastion and Torbiorn meet, and start to grow a friendship…
- Also get a look into Torborns past a little to see he was the one who designed the Bastion unit
- Croog: I’ve never been that into comic books, but I super got into the overwatch ones. Give it a shot if you’re like me!
- Indigo: I really love the comics, It adds to the world and is a fun way to learn more about the lore in the world that ISN’T A GIANT WALL OF TEXT!
- Made by Aspyr Media and Bloober Team, Observer puts you in a cop investigating crimes in the minds of the mentally ill.
- Because you…hack…into their minds for evidence, the worlds are inconsistent and in flux. Throw in the nature of the minds you delve into, the crimes committed, and the futuristic world it is set in Observer has potential to be something for fans of horror, Ghost in the Shell and Blade Runner.
- No set date yet, but it looks like Observer is coming to XBox One and Steam in the general summer season.
- Croog: I love the look of this thing, but man I hate horror games.
- Indigo: this is a really cool idea. Trailer looks good… Always down for another Horror game. Game play looks good too
- Capcom is looking to make Infinite more accessible to the gaming and non gaming community, stating that they want to make Infinite more of a gateway into the FGC which has been growing in the public eye. Given the franchises included in Infinite, Capcom feels this will help bring more fans into the fold without sacrificing depth or as high a skill ceiling as previous games in the franchise.
- Adrock: Im all for this. SF2 and MvC2 success was the ability to ‘drop in’ with the mantra simple to learn, difficult to master. MvC3, which a good game in its own right seemed like a misstep and fighting games seem to ramp up in hidden techs, higher skill ceilings, and less forgiving systems over the years. While games like Skullgirls and Killer Instinct have done their best to be as new player friendly as possible, Inifinte’s roster will definitely see more non fighter players giving it a go. Smart move in general for Capcom.
- Croog: Read the title and thought “Oh, they’re turning it into a mobile game”, lol.
- Indigo: I… am still looking at dc injustice…. IDK i use to love MvC but it just looks like the same game… nothing new and exciting.
- It’s a 2d side scrolling platformer where you play a fat chicken who lays bombs.
- Developed by Nitrome, who were known for their browser games.
- This looks like a PC only release as of now… if it makes it past Steam Greenlight.
- Adrock: I like quirky things. And a bomb laying chicken who can’t run? I’m down to try it out.
- Croog: Side scrolling bomber man with poultry instead of people? I’m in.
- Indigo: this looks… pretty cool ill be honest… I will give it a try
- Croog: This seems more like a game that I will ask to play on Indigo’s computer before I buy it than a game that I’m hyped to throw money at right now.
- Indigo: With the first 30 minutes of games being released as their new trailers. I have already known i want to play this game. Be aware there is a tiny bit of sorry spoilers at the very end so you know you have been warned.
- Adrock: I’ve been watching this for a while with great interest and I’m more annoyed that this isnt something the general public has been talking about. While former Chairman Wheeler wasn’t much better, he at least listened and changed stance when faced with more evidence on net neutrality and the like. Pai has had a bone to pick with NN for years with the viewpoint of a lawyer for a firm that can make a killing off something the less amount of protection it has. This is not a chairman who is regulating in a fair and biased manner, this is a chairman who sees this as a set up for when he’s gone from his position to benefit the most from it being weakened. Weakening regulations on cybersecurity leaves a public scapegoat for when things go inevitably wrong so they can hand wave their mistreatment of peoples personal information. You are no longer a person in their eyes who uses what should be a public utility. Your kids, spouses, relatives, non-net-natives, even pets are just commodities to be sold and traded more so than now and if someone were to mistreat it, they wont care because it won’t impact their bottom line, just your life. And the best part for them is they dont even need your AWARENESS for this happen. Former chairmen are against this, technologists are against this, journalists are against this, YOU should be against this. Hallelujah Money.
- Croog: I can’t. Removing the breach notification rules is absolutely asinine.
Latest posts by Croog (see all)
- D20 Academy Ep 14: Wedding Smashers Pt. 2 (The Chris Nolan Special) - December 12, 2017
- GameGorgon: Holiday Hiatus - December 7, 2017
- GameGorgon: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris - December 5, 2017