Quarter Up Ep 23: Butt Stuff
Welp, April first has come and gone. We’ve seen so much together as a community, from amazing OBS pranks, to horribly unfunny attempts at humor. We have a compilation of our favorite April shenanigans at the bottom of the show notes. Be sure to check them out! I promise we found at least one that you haven’t seen before. We here at QueuTimes would like to thank everyone who put the effort into making this April Fools the most trollface day of the year. Do you have a April first attempt? Type it out in the comments while you let the dulcet tones of Dahk, Indigo and Croog take you through this week in gaming news. Listen to the end, it’s pretty funny.
- Tracer’s Pose. Fuck you its not buttgate. It’s not Tracer gate. Blizz can do what they want and you need to respect them for it. That said, this dudes hard on for a digital character and his unwillingness to talk to his daughter and instead pass the buck on to the game developer for a benign pose is a non issue and shouldnt have even been taken seriously.
- Speaking of Tracer: Heroes of the Storm is currently working on adding her into the game.
- Peter Byrne wrote to Sony describing his issue with the controller, he would accidentally activate the touchpad
- Sony engineer Alex Newabi took the matter into his own hands (not on behalf of PlayStation)
- Made Byrne a special controller with a disabled touchpad and a button to replace the touchpad.
- Now on windows 10 – F2P with character packs.
- New characters for S3 – Arbiter from Halo, Rash from Battletoads, Tusk, Kim Wu, with 2 more not released yet. Rumor is General RAAM from Gears of War and KI classic Eyedol
- Additional Modes and a new Campaign mode called Shadow Lords
- Overlays simply have to be ported from Win32 to a Universal Windows Application
- Also referenced Steam Workshop as the model for how Mods will work
- May disallow mods that aren’t dev-sanctioned (unconfirmed speculation)
- Don’t want to give people the ability to modify game files in a way that can support malicious code.
- Also confirmed V-Sync and G-Sync will arrive in may
- Started shipping this week.
- Palmer Luckey personally took the first Oculus to its owner… in Alaska
- Roughly 30 titles in launch lineup. So far reviews have been positive on the launch and said to be one of the stronger launch lineups for a piece of hardware.
- Oh and Facebook is taking all that information the moment your Oculus turns on.
- ToS mentions that (paraphrased) Facebook and Oculus can use any content you create for whatever it wants. They don’t own it but can use it.
- Oculus also collects all the data while in use. Movements, activity, and can use that to monetize and advertise to you.
- Tested did a Let’s Play with ADR1FT, VR Tennis Online, Airmech, EVE: Valkyrie
- First known rift custom peripheral has been created: A pinball cabinet mod.
This isn’t even an exhaustive list of all the changes. Beta is live on Steam now.
- Saving with Sleep: Manual, quicksaving and almost all autosaves are disabled. To save your game, you’ll need to find a bed and sleep for at least an hour.
- Fast Travel is disabled.
- You now deal, but also take, more damage.
- Threats, unless added by a Recon scope, no longer display on the compass, and the distance at which locations of interest will appear has been significantly shortened.
- Every five kills increases your Adrenaline rank, adding 5% bonus damage for up to an extra 50% damage
- You must stay hydrated, fed and rested to remain combat-ready. Going for extended periods of time without food, water or a good night’s sleep will begin to adversely affect your health, hurting your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats, adding to your Fatigue, lowering your immunity, and eventually even causing physical damage to you.
- Fatigue works like radiation, but affects your Action Points (AP) rather than your Hit Points (HP).
- The type of bed you’re sleeping in limits the length of time you are able to sleep
- There are several different Illnesses that can affect you. Your base chance of getting sick increases as your average Wellness decreases.
- Items that cleanse your body of Rads come with the cost of making you tired and temporarily damaging your immunity
- restorative items, like Stimpaks and food, recover your health at a significantly reduced rate
- Crippled limbs will no longer auto-heal after combat. They will remain crippled until healed by a Stimpak or slept off.
- Your total carry weight has been reduced and items like ammo and Stimpaks now have weight.
- Exceeding your carry weight reduces your overall Wellness, quickly building Fatigue, and will eventually cripple your legs
- Carry weight for companions has been decreased and they will no longer automatically get back up if downed during combat. Instead, they will return home, if abandoned without being healed.
- Locations you’ve cleared will now repopulate with new enemies and loot at a significantly slower rate.
- The Riot team devised 24 in-game messages or tips, including some that encourage good behaviour — such as “Players perform better if you give them constructive feedback after a mistake”
- The warning about harassment leading to poor performance reduced negative attitudes by 8.3%, verbal abuse by 6.2% and offensive language by 11%
- The tip had a strong influence only when presented in red, a colour commonly associated with error avoidance in Western cultures
- Riot has only released a few of these results.
April Fools Compilation
- The Witch 3: Roach Bugs Intentional, Next Witcher to have Roach VO
- OBS Pretends to Cost Money
- Blizzard Announces Hearthstone the MMO
- Bethezda Closes the Book on Fallout IP