Quarter Up! Ep 57 : Twitch vs Steam
I never thought I’d see the day that I could say “Twitch vs Steam”. Writing it confuses my fingers and makes my hair stand on end. We live in a world where nothing makes sense. Twitch…entering the same market as Valve. It simply does not compute. Anywho, we’ll talk about that a bunch, as well as a bunch of other gaming news on this week’s Quarter Up!
- QueueTimes starts a NEW, utterly AMAZING show called Roll Players!
- All the tabletop role playing content you could EVER want from ANY show.
- Literally the BEST thing ever posted on YouTube
- …I think we’re a little bias on this one…
- Croog: I don’t think we did the “facts” section correctly guys.
- Adrock: I’m jealous that I’m not on this program.
- Indigo: MUHAHAHHA
- When streamers are playing a game available on Twitch, you’ll be able to purchase it directly from their channel page.
- Games or in-game items that cost $4.99 or more will earn you a Twitch Crate, which includes randomly generated rewards like:
- Bits for Cheering.
- Game list.
- Croog: Stop it. This isn’t what you should be spending your time on. Improve your industry instead of making a half assed attempt to branch out into another one…or, you know, branch out in a way that actually adds something to the industry you’re entering.
- Indigo: Man…can’t wait till steam adds a streaming service….
- Release November ( hyping people up for the movie release)
- Story mode added ( it is cannon)
- You will get to play as luke skywalker, Kylo Ren
- Croog: I have very little hope.
- Indigo: I was ready to POOP POOP this and i even yelled at co workers for being excited about this game. But as i have found out about a full story mode and how dark the story line is suppose to be and that it is actually cannon…. I am super down to clown
- Adrock: I’m literally a dumb butthead.
- Indiegogo campaign to help finish a documentary around the tony hawk games
- Asked for $75k
- They got $17,409 from 291 people (23%)
- They are taking that money and finishing the film
- Croog: That seems like way too much money for something no one seems to want
- Indigo: this was posted on Rolling stones, A.V. Club, and Kotaku and only got 291 supporters and think that means there is a “pretty big audience” for this…. Wow…
- Adrock: Still, I’m a dumb butthead.
- This video is made by youtube Casually explained
- Croog: LOL
- Indigo: Pretty Awesome i LOL’d
- Mission Ends 4/17/17 at 9am PST
- New Item: Combatives Upgrade: Increase the lethality of the assault rifle and pistol.
- Limited Time Item: Adaptive War Amp An advanced biotic amp that increases the strength of biotic powers.
- New Character: Salarian Architect
- New Map: Firebase Sandstorm
- Indigo: got to play it map feels doesn’t feel too different. I do want to unlock to new charecter and New Item
- Mad Catz filed for bankruptcy giving all properties are now owned by PricewaterhouseCoopers Inc
- Last years they laid off 40% of their workforce
- Stocks had dropped as low as $0.4
- Indigo: loved my old rat mmo but i kept breaking the buttons off really easily
- 3 week event
- New skins, sprays, emotes, and voices
- New kings row map
- Croog: I’m at the point with Overwatch where I just come back in to it when there’s new content.
- Indigo: Overwatch Anyone?
- Adrock: I smell like feet.