Quarter Up! Ep 55: Schfifty Five
Hey, little girl. Did you want to know…a seecret? Cause I know one, and it is sooooo good to hear it. You want to know what it schwas? Alright, I’ll tell you what it schwas. I know…..how to count….alllll de way to schfifty five…and I will tell you how to do it. Faster than you can say, “Poopty Peupty pants”. You ready to hear it, baby?
- Galio is still a front line battle mage and even though his look has massively changed, he still has the same iconic kit key points. Now he just synergizes better between them.
- His ult taunt has moved to a baseline ability that changes the size and duration the longer you hold the button.
- His new ult is part pantheon/atrox/twisted fate with a wider knock up. From what people have played him have said, even his weakness to bursty AD characters and strength against other mages remains intact.
- Riot has wisely decided rather than increasing the roster (which many fans would enjoy) they would tackle problematic or outdated characters, keep the general flavor and icon skills, but rework them into essentially a new character. For reference, Sion, Poppy, and Taric have all had the same treatment. A new character with the classic name and an amped up version of the kit that made them popular.
- Adrock: Need Maui skin. With Dwayne Johnson voicing him. Will pay all the RP for this to happen.
- Croog: Video was cool, music was awesome, that’s about all I understand here.
- DnD Beyond will have an official rules compendium, character builder and cheet.
- Curse is working with WotC to bring the app to players and DMs.
- Beyond is due this summer but you can sign up for the beta here.
- Adrock: It sounds pretty bare bones atm which I’m kind of ok with. It helps paper management and if WotC listens to players they could expand this and eliminate the need for most 3rd party sites. I can see a DM specific app coming down the pike that interacts with Beyond, allowing for some pretty cool player/dm interaction so they can focus on the game play and dice rolling. But that might be pipe dreams.
- Croog: Oh god, finally. Wizz is notorious for violently defending thier IP from unauthorized digital distribution, which is all well and good, but I’ve wanted this solution forever. Please do not have a subscription pricing model…I bet it will, watch.
- Lionsgate… you make movies… now games…in conjunction with Barcelona based Big Star Games doing the heavy lifting.
- Members of BSG have Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Split/Second and Payday on their resumes, but the company itself on has one beat em up that went mobile to steam back in 2014.
- RD: Bloody Days is a top down shooter that controls two or three members from the heist team. You use a new “Time Back” Mechanic that lets you plan a route for a character in the time limit provided. You then switch to a new character and plan their route while the previously controlled characters go about the route you set for them. (Think Hotline Miami and Super Time Force put together.)
- Adrock: No one wanted the Apocolypse Now game, no one needs a Resevoir Dogs anything. If anything, let Tarantino create a Tarantino verse game from the ground up… actually… that does sound really good. Let’s do this instead. All anger aside the Time Back mechanic sounds pretty intruiging.
- Croog: I mean, I don’t know anything about this IP, but the gameplay mechanic seems cool…I don’t get the anger here.
- Indigo:Why…. Let it die… they could have made a new title with this style of game play and it still would have been good but nnnnnooooo… they had to attach it to a movie….
- Still no release date for the game
- These additional deaths were shown off at PAX East 2017
- Adrock: Asymmetrical games sound great on paper… So far they haven’t really hit the mark. Both Evolve and Dead by Daylight fell short. I wonder if (like the above mentioned Reservoir Dogs: Bloody Days) this is just an average game that is hoping the license will carry it to notoriety. Unlike RD, Ft13 has a license and a game type that play right into its hands. I feel like this new trailer has Ubiitis though.
- Croog: Still have absolutely 0 hype for this.
- Indigo: I want to play this but i don’t think it is going to last long term so i am kinda split…. In two by jason….. See what i did there…. Anyways i think it will make its money back but fans will die off soon….. Sorry I couldn’t stop myself….
- Official Shadow of War Gameplay walkthrough
- Hilarious tribute Az-Laar tribute video.
- Watch that after you watch the gameplay video above.
- Available 8/22/17
- Nemesis system is insanely complex now
- You can recruit named characters into your army using the new Ring of Power.
- Generals in your army affect outcomes of battle.
- Strongholds play more like sieges now.
- Adrock: I might be the only person who loved the last game to be completely ho hum about this game. I do really like the alternate time line to Middle Earth and the Nemisis system should be in more games, but… ok.
- Croog: CUMCUMCUMCUMCUMCUMCUMCUMCUMCUMCUMCUMCUM
- Activision blizzard came in at #66
- Croog: Need a low level IT that is entirely unfamiliar with the scale at which you operate? I’m your man.
- New Character Reveal 3/13/17
- Game Release 5/16/17
- Currently 21 playable characters
- 22 character still to be unlocked we don’t know if they will all be released before 5/16 or if this will be an ongoing unlocking system.
- Croog: Hate fighting games. Pass.
- Indigo: Ive been told injustice is one of the better fighting games i want to get into it but really hard to not just want to always play batman….
- Official website: Gotta listen to the track back in 2015 when they first pitched the game. Getting some No Diggity vibes here.
- …Polygon… has more info on the game since it’s successful kickstarter.
- Nine characters (even Earl’s mom!) over 25 stages with randomized worlds
- Rhythm based minigames, endless runner minigame, even a Guitar Hero style “Beat Battle”
- Once you find a Funkotronian in a level you compose beats back and forth in a style like GH and Horse until someone wins.
- Adrock: That music on the main page. I vaguely remember playing the original TJnE back in the day and I’ve always loved the character designs. The Beat Battles sound the most interesting to me as they are part freestyling and part GH.
- Croog: Didn’t read.