Quarter Up! Ep 53: Numbani Map Changes?
The Numbani map in Overwatch has seen some minor but important changes in Blizzard’s PTR. This week it’s just Croog and Indigo, but the boys have you covered for the week’s important gaming news!
- Weird update given Riot’s stance of “playing games of League of Legends should be the unequivocal best way for a player to improve”
- You can change game elements like:
- Turret invincibility
- Set / lock level
- Get gold
- Unfortunately you can’t:
- Lower your level
- Force camps to spawn / change camp spawn time
Croog – I think these things are great! I don’t get why Riot didn’t understand that sometimes, players want a controlled environment to test out ideas…seems like a pretty common sense things to me.
Indigo – Why is this game so popular?
- Sets released in 2015 are now apart of the wild set
- Blackrock mountain
- The Grand Tournament
- League of Explores
- Some classic card will also be added to the list of wild set
- Azure Drake
- Sylvanas Windrunner
- Ragnaros the Firelord
- Power Overwhelming
- Ice Lance
Croog – A lot of these “Hall of Fame” cards are ones that I can totally see issues with, and I think it’s great that Blizzard is okay with admitting that and fixing it…
Indigo – I am really happy that Sylvanas and Ragnaros were added to the list as they have been overpowered for a while and made playing people with these cards not fun. I also thought it was going to be an expansion based time line vs hard dates.
- This change is aimed right at South Korea and their competitive market
- Most players in South Korea use PC gaming cafes making them almost anonymous due -+to this
- User will now be required to buy their own game license to play
Croog – Learning about how the super smart people at Blizzard combat assholes always makes me so giddy. Fucking go get ‘em.
Indigo – Good fuck cheaters
- Blizzard tweeted the below tweet on Feb24
- Numbani map attacker spawn updated to match tweet.
- Payload on Numbani now missing the doomfist model, and the glass that was containing it is shattered.
Croog – FUCKING TERRY CREWS ALL UP IN THIS GAME PLEASE.
Indigo – Super confused about who the fuck is going to be release tuesday
<blockquote class=”twitter-tweet” data-lang=”en”><p lang=”en” dir=”ltr”>[BREAKING] OR15 defense units destroyed in confrontation with unidentified assailant at Numbani airport. No civilian casualties reported. <a href=”https://t.co/3XuXbCCugh”>pic.twitter.com/3XuXbCCugh</a></p>— Overwatch (@PlayOverwatch) <a href=”https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/835157371106156544″>February 24, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>
- there are 5 types of weapons (contrary to what the video says)
- Assault Rifles
- Sniper Rifles
- There are 3 Technology types within each weapon type
- Milky way
- Within Melee there are only 2 types
- There are 3 types of skills in the game
Croog – Yes. Please. I’m going to disconnect my hard drive and rub it all over my body once I install this game because I want it to be close to me.
Indigo – CHOO CHOO HYPE TRAIN COMING IN! I want this game in and around my mouth right now!
- Profiles gives you bonuses to different skills
- Favors is a new system that will allow you to swap out your 3 skills and a profile.
- Your weapons stay the same when you move through favorites
Croog – Profile system seems cool. A good way to allow build variation without overwhelming the player with a ton of abilities
Indigo – This Tightens down what you are using in one single set but adds a ton of flavor to combat that i think this will really help out making each fight still really fun