Probius Warps into Heroes of the Storm
While Heroes of the Storm has never shied away from using obscure characters from Blizzard’s games, Probius is easily one of the most unexpected characters to enter the Nexus.
Probious is a ranged specialist that summons Pylons and Photon Cannons from StarCraft with a play-style all about building fortifications and taking chunks out of the map.
- Warp In Pylon
* Warp in a Pylon that generates a Power Field and grants vision of the surrounding area. Probius only regenerates mana while inside a Power Field.
* Up to 2 Pylons can be active at a time
- Worker Rush (Z)
* Activate to gain an additional 50% Movement Speed for 5 seconds. Taking damage ends this effect early.
* Passive: Probius moves 10% faster by hovering over the ground.
- Disruption Pulse (Q)
* Fire a burst of energy forward, dealing 150 damage to all enemies it passes through. Hitting the center of a Warp Rift will cause it to explode, dealing additional damage.
- Warp Rift (W)
* Open an unstable Warp Rift at a location that takes 1.25 seconds to arm, which then slows nearby enemies by 20%, lasting 9 seconds.
* Armed Warp Rifts explode when hit by a Disruption Pulse, dealing 261 damage to nearby enemies.
- Photon Cannon (E)
* Warp in a Photon Cannon that deals 95 damage per second. Lasts 11 seconds.
* Must be placed within a Pylon’s Power Field. Deactivates if it doesn’t have a Pylon powering it.
- Pylon Overcharge (R)
* Increase the size of Pylon power fields and allow them to attack enemies within it for 110 damage per second. Last 10 seconds.
* Passive: Pylons gain permanent Shields equal to 50% of their maximum Health.
- Null Gate (R)
* Project a barrier of negative energy in the target direction that lasts 4 seconds. Enemies who touch the barrier take 64 damage per second and are slowed by 80% for as long as they remain in contact with it.
Starcraft fans may find these abilities familiar, especially any Protoss players. Probius’s abilities are all about closing off space to your opponents, either by locking them out of objective areas with turrets, or strategically placing pylons to augment the team. Luring enemies in and then using Pylon Overcharge to ambush them can easily result in the enemy team self-destructing.
Latest posts by Neo (see all)
- Bungie Admits Fault, New Destiny 2 Roadmap - January 15, 2018
- New Overwatch League Companion App Keeps E-sports on-the-go! - January 9, 2018
- New Overwatch PTR Patch Changes Mercy’s Rez (Again) and Junkrat Mines - January 8, 2018