Magic: SDCC Panel Unstable Info Revealed!
As previously announced, on December 8th, 2017 the 3rd Un set will be released. However, at San Diego Comicon we received our first detailed information about what we can expect in the sequel expansion to Unglued and Unhinged.
You might be asking what exactly an Un set is! Much like the previous two Un expansions, Unstable will be a standalone set that is not legal in competitive or tournament play. Nearly all cards will once again have a silver card border to indicate this. The Un sets are designed as a draft experience much like the Conspiracy supplemental expansions, and include wacky card mechanics that would break the game if played in a typical constructed format.
So what specifics do we know about Unstable after SDCC? Let’s have a look, including five factions!
- Squirrels are back!
- Exclusive Full-art Basic Lands are returning!
- The infamous Contraptions mechanic is back (as well as Steamflogger Boss)
- First Un set with a cohesive creative design
- Unstable can be drafted by itself like it’s predecessors
- There will be foil creature tokens!
- Five ally-colored factions make up the bulk of the set’s design
- The world is semi-steam punk themed with a mad science twist
- Will include fun Legendary Creatures usable in Commander
- White-Blue: Order of the Widget; cyborgs with no self control.
- Blue-Black: Agents of S.N.E.A.K.; really bad spies.
- Black-Red: League of Dastardly Doom; super villains constantly at odds with each other.
- Red-Green: Goblin Explosioneers; steamfloggers and tinkerers that breed fast enough to not wipe out their race.
- Green-White: Crossbreed Labs; they like to experiment with combining animals and themselves.
Lastly, a taste of what to expect was revealed at the panel wherein this information was divulved:
Are you excited for the next Un set? Did you get to draft or experience Unglued or Unhinged? Let us know what you think in the comments!