Heroes of the Storm – Lúcio and More Coming Soon
Blizzard’s Moba gets a change of tune with it’s newest upcoming update, this time featuring a new hero from Overwatch : Lúcio ! With his supersonic support, Lúcio brings a fresh take to the support class.
Lúcio has the following abilities and traits:
- Wall Ride (D)
- When moving alongside impassable terrain, Lúcio can walk through other units, and his Movement Speed is increased by 20%. This effect stacks with other Movement Speed bonuses.
- Soundwave (Q)
- Deal damage to enemies in a cone-shaped area and knock them back.
- Crossfade (W)
- Play one of two tracks that passively provide allied Heroes with either a Speed Boost or a Healing Boost in a large radius around you. Activate Crossfade to swap tracks.
- Healing Boost: Restore a small amount of Health every second to Lúcio and nearby allied Heroes.
- Speed Boost: Increase the Movement Speed of Lúcio and nearby allied Heroes by 15%.
- Amp It Up (E)
- Raise Lúcio’s Crossfade track volume for 3 seconds, amping Speed Boost to 45% increased Movement Speed, and significantly increasing the Healing rate of Healing Boost.
Sound Barrier (R)
- After 1 second, Lúcio and nearby allied Heroes gain a massive Shield that rapidly decays over the next 6 seconds.
Reverse Amp (R)
Blast Lúcio’s Crossfade track at enemy Heroes for 4 seconds, causing Healing Boost to inflict damage every second, and Speed Boost to Slow Movement Speed by 45%.
Passive: Increase Amp It Up’s duration to 4 seconds.
All these stack up to make Lúcio an intriguing support player, requiring awareness of what song to play, as well as when to use his knock-back ability. Heroes such as Gul`dan will want to stick by him, as the constant healing lowers the drawback from Gul’dan’s health drain. His wall riding ability could be fairly useful when on a map with a decent amount of terrain such as Sky Temple, as the walls will give Lúcio ample space to move around.
For more information on Lúcio’s abilities and talents, check out the official reveal here!
Latest posts by Neo (see all)
- Overwatch League Details - November 13, 2017
- Get Ready to Fight in World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth! - November 9, 2017
- Overwatch’s Newest Healer Moira Hurts as Much as She Heals - November 8, 2017