GameGorgon: YouTube Monetization
- This last week Youtube has announced they will no longer be monetizing channels with less than 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours in the last 12 months
- This has sent out a ton of people up an frenzy
- This change was put in place to help prevent what happened last year’s adpocalypse
- Which started with Euro tourist videos playing in front of isis videos
- “99 percent of those affected were making less than $100 per year in the last year, with 90 percent earning less than $2.50 in the last month.”
- While sadly true this change still may prevent other users from starting up new channels
- Others suggest that this is better than losing all ad revenue.
- This all flys in the face of many youtubers who are upset about the current state of youtube with logan paul.
- Youtube also announce that larger youtube channels that are apart of their premiere program will now have to start submitting their content before hand for approval.
- All of that and Disney partnering with Twitch isn’t looking good for youtube.
- Disney ‘s partnership will be taking some of their starts from youtube and putting them over with twitch
- This includes large names like Makiplier and other gaming focused youtubes
For more GameGorgon Content check here!
Make sure to subscribe to us on youtube!