GameGorgon: Sea of Thieves Datamining
I can just imagine, everyone is on the ship, doing their jobs as the enemy closes in on us. Sails are being hoisted, cannons are being loaded, and EJ is just sitting by the helm, jumping up and down:
“Can I go yet? Can I go yet? Can I go yet”
“No EJ, just wait…FIRE”
Our cannons go off, and as the ammunition reaches the mid way point between our ship and theirs, they return fire. Our hull take a huge hit, and everyone is scrambling to bail water while the hole is being plugged.
The jumping intensifies.
“What about now? Can I go? Can I go no?”
“EJ…just give it a minute…90 DEGREES STARBOARD, STOP BAILING AND PREPARE THE CANNONS”
Another volley between the two ships, this time they hit us hard, and our shots go wide, missing them completely. Everyone is scrambling to save our vessel.
As EJ arcs towards the enemy vessel, they turn their port side towards ours, preparing to blow us out of the water.
The more attentive of our crew can hear a faint thud in the distance, but most of the desk hands are distracted with preventing the impending devastation of the SS QueueTimes.
“Alright gents, this is it. It’s been a pleasure” the helmsman says, as he picks up a bucket. The ship is dead in the water. The crew will soon follow…
…but the enemy ship is silent.
Confused, the crew gathers on the deck, expecting a boarding party…
EJ pokes his head out from beneath the railing of the enemy boat, his face bloody, clutching a cutlass between his teeth.
“Mehrs moh merch moot mouhn mehre”
He spits the cutlass to the ground.
“Guys, there’s so much loot down here!!!” EJ shouts, as he waives his comrades over.
As the rest of the group boards the enemy vessel, they can see the carnage. Body parts everywhere. Severed heads missing eyes. Countless of victims to EJs berserker rage. One of them has “EJ” cut into their torso, Zoro style.
As the crew admires the gore, EJ gingerly climbs into a cannon on the enemy ship.
“Woah woah woah, what are you doing?!” says the helmsman.
“Just forgot my watch man, brb”
“EJ, there’s literally a boarding bridge five fee-”
- Closed beta test was over the weekend jan 24th-31st
- Over that time Redditor m4rx managed to data mine the beta and got a lot of really interesting information
- It is important to point out this is just the data mine for what was in the beta and not necessarily in the full game
- Official Release date will be March 20th, 2018
- Latest Developer Update
- The World and Art style of the game
- Thoughts so far
- Needs more enemy types
- Need more mission types
- Love the art style
- Really fun to play alone or with strangers
- Found myself playing for hours and not knowing i was playing
- Really wish i could have gotten in to a sea battle with other players
For more GameGorgon Content check here!
Make sure to subscribe to us on youtube!
Latest posts by Croog (see all)
- GameGorgon: Hunt Showdown Early Access Review - February 22, 2018
- D20 Academy Ep 18: Wedding Smashers Pt. 6 (Stranger Rings) - February 20, 2018
- GameGorgon: Professionalism in Gaming - February 18, 2018