GameGorgon: Rag Tag or how EA lost Visceral
Ragtag was an upcoming Star Wars game coming from EA / Visceral did it get can because of quality or because EA is a huge beast that needs to be feed and someone without microtransaction can do it? Watch and find out what our thoughts are.
- The game Visceral was working on was project Ragtag
- Ragtag was suppose to be along the lines of Uncharted
- Visceral made a set of high-octane demos in which Ragtag’s main characters would get chased by an AT-ST walker, get into a shootout on the desert planet Tatooine, and embark on a rescue mission within the dungeons of Jabba’s palace.
- This Demo did not do it for EA and with a 3 week notices to put a portfolio together for either a spot currently in EA or somewhere else they closed the studio
- EA’s focus to change from making game to “games as a service,” is believed to be a large part of this
- Ragtag is being handed off to EA vancouver team where they are basically stripping the game down to assets and re working it.
For more GameGorgon Content check here!
Make sure to subscribe to us on youtube!