GameGorgon: Nintendo on Youtube
Disclaimer: This Nintendo video has the most bleeps in it so far. I’m pretty sure the intro alone has like 5.
Nintendo has updated their terms regarding YouTube live revenue…and we have some issues with it. It’s confusing, unfair, and probably the most tone-deaf thing I’ve seen a gaming company do in a long time. Go ahead and watch us yell at them for five minutes.
Nintendo on Youtube
- Nintendo amended their Creators Program to include livestream limitations.
- For those that don’t know, the Creators program is described as:
- The Creators Program is a service through which Nintendo gives you part of the advertising proceeds it receives from YouTube for your Nintendo-related YouTube videos.
- The rules were updated to say:
- Live streaming on YouTube falls outside the scope of the Creators Program. You cannot broadcast content on YouTube Live from the account you have registered to the Nintendo Creators Program.
- EVEN THOUGH EARLIER IN THE SAME AGREEMENT, THEY WRITE:
- Any revenue generated during a broadcast on YouTube Live is outside the sharing/payment scope of the Nintendo Creators Program. This includes revenue generated from Super Chat, a feature of YouTube’s live streaming capability.In addition, any revenue generated from Sponsorships is also outside the sharing/payment scope of the Creators Program.
- WHICH MAKES IT SOUND TO ME LIKE “OH, HEY, CONTENT CREATOR, GO AHEAD AND KEEP THAT MONEY! BUT NO. IT’S A JOKE.
- I’m all for people keeping their IP, but this is actually a joke, right?
For more GameGorgon Content check here!
Make sure to subscribe to us on youtube!
Latest posts by Croog (see all)
- GameGorgon: Hunt Showdown Early Access Review - February 22, 2018
- D20 Academy Ep 18: Wedding Smashers Pt. 6 (Stranger Rings) - February 20, 2018
- GameGorgon: Professionalism in Gaming - February 18, 2018