GameGorgon: Humble Bundle and IGN – what could go wrong
So Humble Bundle and IGN are teaming up… There is so much to say I dont even know where to start!
- For those that don’t know, Humble Bundle is a videogame retail site that allows the purchaser to determine the price they’re willing to pay for a collection of games.
- Humble Bundle also allows the purchaser to segment their purchase into funds for charity, devs, and a tip to Humble themselves.
- More recently, Humble has added a traditional storefront to their offerings which doesn’t allow users to reduce prices for games.
- Humble was purchased by IGN, a site that, among other things, reviews videogames.
- The people over at Humble apparently have whale-sized balls, because, in a move that basically spits in the face of the Universe, they posted this news on Firday, Oct 13.
- Highlights from blog post on Humble Bundle’s site:
- We will keep our own office, culture, and amazing team with IGN helping us further our plans. We will raise even more money for charity.
- …we’ve now raised $106 million for charity.
- If you like Humble Bundle now, stay tuned, because we’ll have more exciting things to share in the near future.
- Some fans of Humble Bundle’s work are concerned
- IGN, which reviews games, now owns a company that sells games. Many view this as a conflict of interest (because it is, by the definition of “conflict of interest”…)
- Indgio’s Analogy:
- Scenario 1: Croog tells you “Hey, there’s a shortcut to your destination down this alley” and as you’re walking, you get robbed. You’re pretty mad at Croog.
- Scenario 2: Croog tells you “ Hey, there’s a shortcut to your destination down this ally” and as you’re walking, Croog robs you. You want to kill IGN…erm, I mean Croog.
For more GameGorgon Content check here!
Make sure to subscribe to us on youtube!