GameGorgon: Fortnite vs PUBG
Epic Studios the creator of Fortnite and the guys over at Blue Hole Studios that made PUBG aren’t playing nice in the sand. PUBG claims of Fornite copying PUBG with their newest addition Battle Royal.
- Fortnite Battle Royal Trailer
- Battle Royal Announcement Video where Epic Games references PUBG
- Fortnight fully releases on September 26 for free and will add squads to Fortnite’s Battle Royale game mode
- Bluehole, Inc. is concerned about the way that Epic Games is going about releasing this game mode
- Original complaint from Blue Gole Chang Han Kim:
- We’ve had an ongoing relationship with Epic Games throughout PUBG’s development as they are the creators of UE4, the engine we licensed for the game. After listening to the growing feedback from our community and reviewing the gameplay for ourselves, we are concerned that Fortnite may be replicating the experience for which PUBG is known. We have also noticed that Epic Games references PUBG in the promotion of Fortnite to their community and in communications with the press. This was never discussed with us and we don’t feel that it’s right.
- Note – This text was obtained second hand from TrueAchievements. We will update this post with the source material if it is located.
- Reddit post of PLAYERUNKNOWN’s clarification about the complaint.
- Other companies will of course enter the marketplace, but I would just hope they put their own spin on the game-mode and not just make a carbon copy! I try not to worry about them to be honest and instead just concentrate on completing my vision for a battle royale game.
For more GameGorgon Content check here!
Make sure to subscribe to us on youtube!
Latest posts by Indigo Jones (see all)
- Hearthstone Kobolds and Catacombs 56 PACK OPENING! - December 8, 2017
- GameGorgon: Xanathar’s Guide to Everything Review - December 4, 2017
- GameGorgon: More Loot Boxes - November 30, 2017