GameGorgon: 90 Turn Hearthstone Game!
We all love HearthStone, but even so, everyone has their limits. Would you be willing to play a fatigue warrior mirror match for 90 turns? We wouldn’t! That’s exactly what happened in a Taiwanese tournament, check out the video for details!
- Fatigue Warrior vs. Fatigue Warrior
- Hour long game in a Taiwanese Hearthstone tournament
- One player stacked over 500 Armor
- Hearthstone games are capped at 90 turns, split between 2 players (45 each)
- After 90 rounds game is a draw and both sides lose
- After the winner is picked by who has the most health and or armor
- Spokesperson from hearthstone has said:
- “Our existing turn limit for HCT [HearthStone Championship Tour] matches is 90, split between the two players, at which point the game ends in a double defeat, or a Draw. Within the HCT ruleset, a Draw results in a rematch, which for most decks rarely results in another Draw. For the Dead Man’s Hand mirror match, however, it is possible that the deck can create a game state where neither player wins across multiple rematches. Because of this, we examined a number of available options and determined a win condition [player with most health / armor wins] that we thought to be most fair for players competing in the HCT Americas Summer Playoffs. We communicated this change to the players in advance of the tournament, and ran into no issues during tournament play.”
- We don’t have plans to, besides nerfing or changing cards when the need comes up. We generally like ladder play and tournaments to reflect the same format. It’s not totally off the table, but it wouldn’t be our first choice.”
- “We like when Hearthstone decks have a variety of different strategies. If a deck like this exists once in a while then there are more ways to build decks and play. However, designing cards around avoiding fatigue isn’t something we have in mind as a general design goal when creating cards.”
For more GameGorgon Content check here!
Make sure to subscribe to us on YouTube!
Latest posts by Croog (see all)
- D20 Academy Ep 14: Wedding Smashers Pt. 2 (The Chris Nolan Special) - December 12, 2017
- GameGorgon: Holiday Hiatus - December 7, 2017
- GameGorgon: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris - December 5, 2017