Blizzard Loot Box Rates Revealed!
As long as there have been Loot Boxes, people have looked for the answer to the biggest question : what are the odds i’m going to get lucky? Well thanks to a new gambling law in China, Blizzard has been forced to disclose the exact rates of the rarity of items players will receive in their Loot-Box!
Keep in mind the rates could be slightly different in China then in the rest of the world, and that these rates do not reflect the pity-timer (the longer you go without a legendary item dropping, the more likely it will appear)>
Heroes of the Storm Loot Chests*
- RARE: Average of 1 every chest
- EPIC: Average of 1 every 4.5 chests
- LEGENDARY: Average of 1 every 17.5 chests
*Numbers do not apply to rerolls, event chests and special chests obtained from levelling.
Hearthstone Card Packs
- You’ll get at least 1 rare, or better, in each pack.
- An epic will be received, on average, in 1 of every 5 packs.
- Legendaries, on average, will be received in 1 of every 20 packs.
- 5.5 Lootboxes = 1 epic item on average
- 13.5 Lootboxes = 1 legendary item on average
While Blizzard only published averages, that means that if you were to convert this to a percentage chance:
- 18.19% chance for an epic
- 7.4% chance for a legendary
While many will argue that these rates are inaccurate or that they`ve gotten super lucky which proves these wrong, these are indeed the chances that players will gamble against when opening their Loot Boxes.While there is of course the chance that these rates do not reflect the rates in the rest of the world due to the unique differences between Chinese gaming culture and the rest of the world, this should atleast make things a little bit more clearer for anyone trying to run the numbers.
To look at the official Overwatch Loot Box announcement, check out the official (chinese) page here!